The City of Pforzheim does not belong to any administrative district (Kreis), although it hosts the administrative offices of the Enz district that surrounds the town.
During World War II, Pforzheim was bombed a number of times.
Pforzheim has the functions of a regional center (Mittelzentrum) for the towns and municipalities Birkenfeld (Enz), Eisingen, Engelsbrand, Friolzheim, Heimsheim, Ispringen, Kämpfelbach, Keltern, Kieselbronn, Königsbach-Stein, Mönsheim, Neuenbürg, Neuhausen, Neulingen, Niefern-Öschelbronn, Ölbronn-Dürrn, Remchingen, Straubenhardt, Tiefenbronn, Wiernsheim, Wimsheim and Wurmberg.
13th/14th century: Pforzheim enjoyed its first period of flourishment. They developed extensive activities on the financial markets of those days.The town was thought by the Allies to be producing precision instruments for use in the German war effort and to be a transport centre for the movement of German troops. Singles osterhofen The story of the bombardment is dramatically recounted in the 2011 history book by Giles Milton, entitled Wolfram: The Boy Who Went To War.The largest raid, and one of the most devastating area bombardments of World War II, was carried out by the Royal Air Force (RAF) on the evening of 23 February 1945.Nearly a third of the town's population, 17,600 people, were killed in the air raid, and about 83% of the town's buildings were destroyed.
Beste dating plattform Pforzheim
In important matters concerning any of these communities the opinions of the respective community councils must be taken into consideration.However, final decisions on the matter will be made by the Pforzheim city council.Due to its location, this city is also called the "three-valleys town" (Drei-Täler Stadt) or the "Gateway to the Black Forest" (Pforte zum Schwarzwald / Porta Hercynia).The early settlement (in fact much earlier than the current centers Stuttgart and Karlsruhe) by the Romans, who constructed a ford through the river, shortly past the confluence of the three rivers, for their military highway, is also due to this extraordinary geography.Outside of the town wall across the Enz river, the suburb Flösser Quarters (the home of the timber floating trade) was established.
Next to the western town wall, the suburb of Brötzingen gradually developed.
The settlement was located where the Roman military road connecting the military camp Argentoratum (nowadays Strasbourg in France) and the military camp at Cannstatt (now a suburb of Stuttgart) at the Upper Germanic Limes border line of the Roman Empire crossed the Enz river.
This place was known as Portus (river crossing, harbor), which is believed to be the origin of the first part of the city's name "Pforzheim".
The town walls surrounding the new town were completed at about 1290.
During this era three catholic orders established their convents in town (the Franciscan order established their domicile within the town wall at nowadays Barfuesserkirche (the choir of which remains), the Dominican nun order established their domicile outside of the walls of the old town near Auer bridge, and the Prediger cloister was located east of the Schlossberg, probably inside the town walls).